The Sr. Project Manager acts on behalf of the client to plan, organize, direct, report and control all phases of construction management in order to ensure quality standards, budgets and agreed upon timeline are achieved. Individual project manager responsibilities may vary, but will generally be focused on a specific project with the Sr. Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the project’s success.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
WORKER’S COMP CODE: 8601
EEO-1 JOB CODE: 2
APPROVAL DATE: 1/1/09
REVISION DATE: 7/23/13
- Develops a strong understanding of the role that Gafcon is to serve in the program.
- Obtains detailed knowledge of client’s policies and procedures.
- Successfully manages small, medium and large projects, including all consultants and contractors , during programming, design, bidding, construction and close-out to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with clients’ expectations
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the scope of work, schedule, budget and contract documents including drawings, specifications, design and construction contracts, as well as regulatory requirements associated with each project managed
- Develops and manages consultants and their contracts through planning, programming, design, bidding, construction and close-out phases.
- Delegates management of specific projects to project managers.
- Develops programs, scope, master schedule and budget documents for all projects, in conjunction with project stakeholders and District, to ensure that the projects are completed with agreed upon scope, time and cost constraints.
- Possesses an understanding of the each projects’ scope of work, contract documents including drawings, specifications, design and construction contract as well as regulatory requirements associated with each project.
- Promotes open communication and collaboration between all parties and ensures regular and timely reporting of the projects’ progress in order report on project timelines and to advise of any conditions that would affect timelines or costs
- Maintains computerized project reports as dictated by the project and by the contractual obligations.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends changes to project documents as required by project needs.
- Implements and coordinates a change order control process which ensures that the client is able to make informed decisions on modifications and manage within an agreed upon budget.
- Monitors construction to ensure that project is completed in compliance with agreed upon quality standards and specifications.
- Develops ongoing business relationships with current and prospective clients to generate additional consulting assignments.
- May manage multiple project managers to ensure successful completion within agreed upon budgets and timelines.
- Manages and mitigates risks that could give rise to disputes or claims
- Develops, trains, and mentors Project Managers and other staff assigned to your site.
- Personal development through Gafcollege attendance, professional organization memberships, continuing education, professional registration and certification achievement.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The person in this position may have other PMs, as well as administrative support staff reporting to him/her.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is preferred
- A minimum of seven (7) years related construction project management experience is strongly desired
- Demonstrated success working on medium to large commercial and/or public works projects with a construction value in excess of $7M
- Requires knowledge of the principals of cost estimating, scheduling, and contract administration.
- Ability to accurately interpret construction contractual documents and contract modifications to determine cost of such change.
- Accurately analyzes situations and assists in developing contingencies for estimates.
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills and able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly desired.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and assess customer needs and ensure delivery/receipt of service when appropriate.
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Project, as well as other project management applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, squat, bend, climb, crawl, and jump short distances and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Must be able to use a computer keyboard, and mouse. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, work on job sites, travel to and from these locations, work in a typical office environment, and is occasionally exposed to construction equipment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read