Gafcon, Inc. is a growing consultant firm working on some of San Diego’s most exciting projects, including the Seaport San Diego Redevelopment. With 30 years of experience under our belt, we specialize in Program, Project, and Construction Management as well as Labor Relations, Program/Project Controls and Technology. Headquartered in San Diego with an office in Los Angeles, we employ some of the Southern California industry’s best and brightest A/E/C leaders.
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
LOCATION: San Diego
WORKER’S COMP CODE: 8810
EEO-1 JOB CODE: 2
APPROVAL DATE: 7/24/08
REVISION DATE: 7/13/17
Typical responsibilities include:
Development of Stellar Qualifications and Proposal Packages
- Provide a detailed review and analysis of RFQ/P documents to develop a detailed compliance matrix.
- Utilizing knowledge of the industry, firm strengths, and competitors, collaborate with members of the proposal team to develop the strategy and value proposition as well as recommendations for appropriate projects and personnel to be included in the proposal.
- Coordinate various aspects of the proposal process including the production schedule, content development, subconsultant outreach, kick-off and proposal review meetings, and other efforts as necessary.
- Collaborate with technical personnel to assist in the development of technical content, as well as quality resumes and project descriptions that are reflective of the specific opportunity.
- Write non-technical portions of the proposal, including elements of the cover letter, executive summary, firm history, etc.
- Compile, organize, proofread, and edit all materials into a complete package that aligns with the RFQ/P requirements and Selection/Evaluation Criteria.
- Provide graphic layout for the package and, when appropriate, coordinate with the graphic designer to make sure that the final package is appropriately branded.
- Ensure compliance with the RFQ/P documents.
- Provide in-house production of completed package.
Leading the Interview Process Through Creative Presentation Strategies and Thoughtful Coaching
- Keep track of the qualifications/proposal package after it has been submitted, coordinating strategy meetings in advance of award/shortlist notification.
- Coordinate interview preparation meetings with the identified presentation team’s respective schedules, including subconsultants and any other outside support.
- Lead the interview preparation process, including collaborating with the presentation team to develop a strategy and coach them on presentation techniques.
- Develop presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentation, boards, leave-behinds, etc.
Leveraging Organizational Skills and Working in a Collaborative Environment
- Maintain the marketing database including project experience and resumes.
- Participate in lead generation and CRM data entry.
- Participate in business development meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of proposal development experience in the A/E/C industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, English, Communications, or Journalism is preferred; however, experience in marketing for the A/E/C industry will be strongly considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated copy writing and editing skills.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of local market/clients is preferred.
Your technical skills are important, but we’re also looking for a positive and creative problem solver with excellent people skills who is the right person to fit into Gafcon’s culture – someone who will embody our values. You will succeed if you are:
- Excel under tight deadlines
- Highly organized
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Must be able to use a computer keyboard and calculator on a regular basis. The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, generally at waist level or below. Must be able to do desk work which includes computer work and/or filing for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and other offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.