Under the general direction of the Sr. Project Manager, will oversee all aspects of the FF&E procurement process. The PM is responsible for the coordination and completion of the FF&E requirements per project by department in conjunction with the Campus Project Manager (CPM). The PM may be responsible for more than one project at a time.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
WORKER’S COMP CODE: 8601
EEO-1 JOB CODE: 2
APPROVAL DATE: 01/23/08
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s project, organization and objectives.
- Develop proposed project budgets and maintain project expenditures within budget.
- Identify FF&E needs per department; prepare specification sheets and preliminary costs.
- Develop FF&E project schedules, monitor progress and complete projects on schedule.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate
- Develop and interpret specifications, scopes of work, and contracts where applicable.
- Ensure completed tasks meet cost, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Negotiate contract order changes as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the CPM oversee and coordinate the work of suppliers, contractors, and consultants working on FF&E project tasks.
- Prepare and periodic budget and expenditure reports.
- Produce periodic status reports to direct project participants.
- Resolve or assist in the resolutions of conflicts within and between projects or timelines; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Maintain quality of standards of performance, functionality, and cost by effectively applying established company methodology and enforcing project standards.
- Effectively communicate and update superiors on project progress.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and storage of high quality project documentation including contracts, change orders, specifications, budgets, expenditure records, schedules, correspondence, transmittals, memos, reports, and other project files.
Core Client Interaction Competencies:
- Work closely with clients and CPM to understand project requirements and objectives
- Identify and interpret client requirements; evaluate and implement requirements within the confines of the established project objectives. Advocate on behalf of client and represent clients’ needs to senior management.
- Prepare and present engaging, informative and well-organized project objectives with client.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Facilitate client meetings effectively.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve and/or escalate client concerns or issues in a timely fashion.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction.
- Convey project findings in a compelling manner through the preparation of reports and customer presentations.
- Prepare reports with issue identification, suggest alternative solutions and clearly stated recommendations.
- Establish client trust; seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The person in this position has no one reporting to him/her.
- BA preferred, equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- Previous experience working on major construction projects; or six years of progressively responsible administrative and supervisor experience with multiple discipline project management in a complex administrative setting required
- The ideal candidate will be goal oriented and action focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined,
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and possess excellent time management skills.
- Good at motivating and delegating to peers as appropriate.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to complete tasks within required timeframes with little or no supervision.
- Expedition experience highly desired.
- Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft Office products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must be able to use a computer keyboard and calculator. The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, generally at waist level or below. Must be able to do desk work which includes computer work and/or filing for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and other offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.