The Document/Project Controls Coordinator manages, integrates, coordinates and reviews the work of the Project Management group to develop, implement, feed, reconcile, and maintain valuable program control databases and reports.
FLSA STATUS: Non -Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
WORKER’S COMP CODE: 8601
EEO-1 JOB CODE: 2
- Manages and ensures the reconciliation of program controls data with financial systems.
- Routinely reviews pay applications, change orders and contracts for accuracy, alignment with budget and board approval.
- Coordinates and provides leadership to project managers, project coordinators and the district’s facilities staff to establish and maintain data coding structures and project and document control tools.
- Gathers and tracks quality data used for budgets, contracts, change orders, trends and actual costs.
- Develops, implements and maintains management reporting data to produce program controls reports.
- Ensures regular and timely reporting of the projects financial progress in order to advise of any conditions that would affect timelines or costs
- Provides feedback to ensure adjustments are made on a timely basis with minimal disruption to project
- Promotes open communication and collaboration between all parties to ensure that projects are completed with minimal disruptions and delays
- Maintains computerized reports as dictated by the program and by the contractual obligations
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends changes to project documents as required by project needs
- Provides support for the ordering of site essential items; office supplies, trailer supplies etc.
- Complete special projects on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Requires knowledge of the principles of cost estimating, scheduling, and contract administration.
- Ability to accurately interpret construction contractual documents and contract modifications and accounting.
- Accurately analyzes situations and assists in developing contingencies for estimates.
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills and able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job.
- Consistently demonstrates a networking attitude to maintain, promote and build up or grow the cost estimating business.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and assess customer needs and ensure delivery/receipt of service when appropriate.
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, as well as project management and scheduling tools is required. Proficiency with ProCore software is a must.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Must be able to use a computer keyboard, mouse and calculator. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work be exposed to a typical office environment as well as occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Work on the job site as well as some travel is required. A person in this position is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.