The Project Manager/Business Analyst will manage small to medium size software implementation projects for architectural, engineering and construction portfolio management information systems (PMIS), understand and document business requirements and create technical solutions that meet the needs of Gafcon’s internal and external clients.
REPORTS TO: Technical Director – PMIS
LOCATION: San Diego Headquarters
WORKER’S COMP CODE: 8610
EEO-1 JOB CODE: 4
APPROVAL DATE: 4/1/2017
- Initiation, planning, execution, and closure of a PMIS implementation project
- Monitor and mitigate project risks along the way
- Obtain and manage appropriate resources during performance of software implementation
- Develop and implement scalable, flexible solutions that are extensible to future business needs
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and Business Leaders in Business Units to gather and document Business Requirements
- Facilitate workshops to elicit and gather business requirements and use cases for large, complex technology projects
- Own the capturing, analyzing, synthesizing, assessing, documenting, and verifying of business requirements, processes and workflows
- Validate and verify all requirements, making sure they map to the business need being addressed, are approved by the appropriate stakeholders (including the Steering Committee) and meet relevant quality standards for completeness and relevance
- Document process flow, understanding of workflow engines
- Work with developers, other project managers or business analysts, and quality assurance staff to ensure that they fully understand the requirements, which includes reviewing high-level technical designs and detailed testing documentation
- Deliver IT Application projects, assisting Subject Matter Experts in developing and executing test plans, application configuration, go-live planning and execution, and post go-live support
- Resolve tier-2 support cases, coordinating with tier-1 support, end-users, System Administrators and vendor support as necessary
- Prepare and administer training documentation, usage videos and ability to facilitate large training sessions
- Highly analytical with a natural curiosity about data and the ability to consume and process large amounts of information
- Desire and capacity to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted and deadline driven environment
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of what the business is trying to achieve, using knowledge of the AEC portfolio management stack to define effective and efficient solutions
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize and present findings or challenges to all levels of staff and management
- Capacity to build collaborative relationships and work effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Experience leading Business Process Optimization and Automation projects
- Ability to manage release cycles by analyzing requirements, obtaining prioritization from the business, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications, and working with Development and QA to ensure business needs are met
- Experience managing change within an organization
- Develop and apply a structured methodology to the specification of requirements, ensuring that all requirements are in a standardized layout and can be easily shared and understood by all stakeholders
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration or closely-related field
- 7-10 years of related work experience
- Previous experience with implementation of large ERP or financial systems
- Previous experience with configuration, database structure, process design and configuration, custom reporting, Oracle or MS SQL and data analysis
- Experience with capital projects, cost engineering and/or construction management
- Creative, scientific mind with a flair for visual design
- Willing to mentor other team members in area of expertise
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of construction program controls, enterprise cost management platforms (implementing program management information systems (Unifier, Prolog, Ecosys, Prism, Procore, Proliance, eBuilder, Primavera Contract Manager (PCM/CM14) or Oracle Primavera P6) or AEC system implementation)
- Advanced degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Project Management or Engineering
- Experience with large ERP and financial application integration projects
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The individual in this position has no direct reports.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must be able to use a computer keyboard and calculator. The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, generally at waist level or below. Must be able to do desk work which includes computer work and/or filing for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical office environment and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel to job sites and other offices is required. Must be able to travel and work extended schedule as needed.