This position acts on behalf of the client to plan, direct, and control all phases of construction management for a specific campus and works to ensure quality standards, budgets and agreed upon timelines are achieved.
The examples of functions listed in the class specification(s) are representative, but not necessarily exhaustive or descriptive of any one position in the class(es). Management is not precluded from assigning other related functions not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
WORKER’S COMP CODE: 8601
EEO-1 JOB CODE: 1.2
APPROVAL DATE: 10/22/13
- Develop a strong understanding of the role that Gafcon is to serve in the program, including a thorough understanding of each projects scope of work, contract documents including drawings, specifications, design and construction contract as well as regulatory requirements associated with each project.
- Maintain accurate up to date program information in the Gafcon Project Management Information System.
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of the Gafcon Project Management Policies and Procedures.
- Manage medium and large projects to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with clients’ expectations.
- Ensure that the client is informed of the projects progress in order to advise of any conditions that would affect timelines or costs.
- Maintain computerized project reports as dictated by the project and by the contractual obligations.
- Review, evaluate and recommend changes to project documents as required by project needs.
- Implement and coordinate a change order control process which ensures that the client is able to make informed decisions on modifications and manage within an agreed upon budget.
- Assist in the establishment of a master schedule to ensure that the project is completed within agreed upon time and cost constraint.
- Monitor construction to ensure that project is completed in compliance with agreed-upon quality standards and specifications.
- Develop ongoing business relationships with current and prospective clients to generate additional consulting assignments.
- May manage multiple project managers to ensure successful completion within agreed-upon budgets and timelines.
- Promote open communication and collaboration between all parties to ensure that projects are completed with minimal disruptions and delays.
- Ensure that project reporting is completed on a timely basis by the Project Managers.
- Developing, training, and mentoring the Project Managers and other staff assigned to your site.
- Personal development through professional organization memberships, continuing education, professional registration and certification achievement.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The person in this position may have other PMs, as well as administrative support staff reporting to him/her.
- B.S. in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. And a minimum of seven (7) years related construction project management experience.
- Requires knowledge of the principals of cost estimating, scheduling, and contract administration.
- Ability to accurately interpret construction contractual documents and contract modifications to determine cost of such change.
- Accurately analyzes situations and assists in developing contingencies for estimates.
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills and able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly desired.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and assess customer needs and ensure delivery/receipt of service when appropriate.
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, as well as project management applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, squat, bend, climb, crawl, and jump short distances and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Must be able to use a computer keyboard, and mouse. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, work on job sites, travel to and from these locations, work in a typical office environment, and is occasionally exposed to construction equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.