What is a Public Private Partnership?
A Public Private Partnership or P3 is close collaboration of the public and private sectors to structure, negotiate and implement the finance, design, development, construction and operation of development projects and infrastructure. Simply stated, a P3 is a relationship between private and public entities to achieve common goals that allocates project risks based on each partner’s unique strength’s to manage those risks. Although P3 structures are many and varied, in a typical structure the public entity contributes land while the private actor contributes development, construction and market expertise and financing. In return, the public entity receives mission-critical facilities and revenue streams.
What can Gafcon do for you?
Gafcon supports the initiatives of its public and private sector clients in the following areas:
- Assessment of P3 opportunities
- Development of entitlement and public outreach strategy
- Assistance with procurement advocacy, financing and teaming arrangements
- Advice regarding Project delivery methodologies
- Real estate and joint development advisory services
- Strategic planning and government outreach
- Management and consulting services through the execution phase of the initiative
Our P3 Team is led by Charles Black. Charles and the Gafcon team have extensive experience in managing large and complex public and private real estate projects with major P3 components in the region including:
- Development and construction of the $468 Million San Diego Padres Major League Baseball Park and the 26-block Ballpark District
- City of San Diego’s $520 Million San Diego Convention Center’s Phase III Expansion
- Port of San Diego’s 556-acre Chula Vista Bayfront Master Plan
- City of San Diego’s Civic Center Redevelopment
- Redevelopment of the Los Angeles Forum
- The San Diego Hall of Justice
- Redevelopment of the Marine Air Station El Toro
Our team will assist in structuring your P3 transaction, negotiating with lead and resource agencies, community groups, and labor and navigating legal and regulatory issues. Our project management team will take your project from the conceptual stage to on-time/on-budget completion, occupancy and commissioning. We’ve done it for the region’s highest profile projects; we can do it for you.